19 August 2011

the what


I'm a bit of a shy person. I know, I know, aren't all blog-minders supposed to be the extroverted, over-sharing, Dooce type? Some, perhaps. And aren't there plenty. Me, I'm pretty much your textbook introvert who has learned to "extro" herself when it counts. I can mix it up with (almost) the best of them, but then I need my retreat of quiet and contemplation. Sometimes I know this comes off as aloof or non-share-y... but eventually I come around.

Like this new work stuff. I've been asked by everyone from my acupuncturist to my mother-in-law, "Blake it's great you're super happy in your new work sitch or whatever it is... but, so... what is it?" Yep, I might keep things pretty tight against my chest. Until the right time.

So, I think we're just about there. But, true to form, I'm lobbing this little preview over the fence right as I step out the door for a little vacay. (There will be posts while I'm relaxificating, so do stop back!)

Here's a tiny taste of what I've been sketching, cutting, designing, printing, sewing and making. So far, it's a line of earthy, 60s/70s-ish 100% linen homewares that I hand-blockprint and sew. They'll be listed on etsy very shortly. And there are many other plans, too. Aren't there always?










So, now you know ;)

10 comments:

  1. Me likey.... a lot! Can't wait to see you today. Yippee. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. such rad radness. i have no further words because none will do what i'm thinking/feeling much justice. except, again: i kinda want to BE you!! but i'll settle for being a customer!! weeeeeee!! this is very exciting!! have a happy trip... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i have to say is...i knew it and i love them. love the color, love the shapes, love the fabric. i also want you to know that i want a scarf with those lovely triangles. can you whip one of those up? ahahaha. just kidding. not about wanting it, but about the whipping up.

    so glad the cat is out of the bag;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I think I might have to become your number one fan/collector! seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you make this fabric through spoonflower??

    ReplyDelete
  6. i should read the whole post first before commenting! these are lovely! very excited to have some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the designs... product... photos. You are so beautifully talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! I can't wait to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Blake these are amazing! want want want.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails