21 June 2010

mission to craft: part I

Remember how I said I wanted to get crafty for the kid? You know, maybe extend a pipe cleaner across time and space, and reconnect with my own mom and childhood? Well, check it out. I actually made something...


Butterfly Mobile!


butterfly mobile

Taken from this book, this project was extremely easy and fun, with (I think) a pretty charming result. The frilly butterflies catch the wind and gracefully float over Jacky's diapering area. A little magic in the most un-magical of corners, you could say.

butterfly mobile

I'm pretty sure I made something like this as a kid. Many sheets of tissue paper and plenty of pipe cleaners lined my mom's craft closet (yeah, she had a whole closet for it). 

Now, what to make next?

butterfly mobile

I'm thinking something wearable. I bought a few plain lap Ts for Jacky and have been eyeing some nasturtium leaves and fabric paint... stay tuned.

butterfly mobile

Can't wait till we can get crafty together. 

butterfly mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails