07 February 2010

Super snackin'

Some scenes from today's snack attack... hope you had fun today, Super Bowl or not!

First up, Guacamole and Homemade Chips. I garnished the guac with queso enchilado, red onion, serrano chile and radish. Served in a recent junk shop find -- I love, love, love this chip/dip bowl.

Super Bowl food

Super Bowl food

Super Bowl food

Baked Artichoke (and Spinach) Dip, served with celery and carrots. Baked one and froze two. This was alright... I think I blended the veggies too much. And if I'm honest, I was kind of missing the sinfulness of the original molten cheesy mayo blitz, but I'd definitely try this one again. With more cheese :)

Super Bowl food

Super Bowl food

After digging into the above, we were waaaay too full to even contemplate the third recipe I highlighted last week, the Healthy-ish Sweet Potato Skins. Next time.

But, Toby made something so cute (and delicious) that I have to include its photo here: check out the crazy cute little "Dogs in a Blanket" -- he made 'em from scratch. They're sooo precious they are begging to be pinched. And eaten.

Yep, those are his tater tots, too. :)

Super Bowl food

1 comment:

  1. In retrospect, these snax look good enough for one to brave the germ den. I blew it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails