02 May 2010

strawberry mojito-ish

strawberry mojito-ish

This was a weekend of a few changes in our house. First, Jacky is officially down to one nap per day. Phew. Some nights, he's happy and rested... some, not so much. It's a process, right? The other change around here was with the weather: Last week was really rainy and cold, but this weekend the days were GLORIOUS. Warm, clear and beautiful.

If you ask me, both of these occurrences are reason for a late afternoon cocktail. I give you the Strawberry Mojito-ish. "Ish" because I didn't really bother to consult a recipe... we didn't have any actual limes... and I basically just wanted to use some pretty berries and fresh mint. With hooch.

============================

Strawberry Mojito-ish
-Serves 2-

Fill a cocktail shaker with 5-6 sliced strawberries, a handful of mint tips, a couple of ice cubes, two shots of light rum and key lime syrup to taste (you can just go with lime wedges and simple syrup/fine sugar if you have it). Muddle everything together and/or put the lid on and shake vigorously, until your hand aches from the cold. Divide (don't strain) between two glasses which contain more ice. Top off with tonic water or the like. Stir gently, taste for sweetness, acidity, etc. Garnish each glass with a strawberry and serve outside.


============================


strawberry mojito-ish

2 comments:

  1. We were just talking about having a mojito on Saturday night. Yummmmmm. Wish I could just cruise on over for one with you, girl. Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmm. I love that organic mint is everywhere. I have some in my yard, but not enough because of the dryness. When it's cheap at WF I'm there. I love to add it to my smoothies and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails