13 May 2010

asparagus pesto pasta with raw baby peas and mint

asparagus pesto w/baby peas

Note to self: if ever faced with the "issue" of a huge asparagus surplus, get thee to the food processor! This is some good stuff. (Mark Bittman comes through yet again.) We usually roast asparagus in a simple fashion, until it's kind of caramelized. This recipe is basically the opposite, and boy was it a good change.


We made the following tiny tweaks: We upped the garlic a little LOT (I'm all 90s like that), toasted the pine nuts, garnished with mint and unzipped some teensy baby peas from the garden right on top. 

Absolute Spring on a plate.

asparagus pesto w/baby peas

4 comments:

  1. Oh my... the girls love pasta and asparagus and I am a huge pesto fan (as you well know!). I am going to have to whip this little sucka up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually cut this recipe out of the paper the other day. I'm intrigued by that pasta though. What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim: Yes, isn't it painfully cute? Its shape is called "zucchette" -- like squash. I picked it up at the Ferry Building's Village Market. Couldn't pass it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know! It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails