05 October 2011

a lemon-y reminder for you and me



I can't believe it, but... it's time. Time to carefully cut the peel off pounds and pounds of lemons and make embarrassingly large booze purchases. Yes, it's time to start your holiday limoncello batches. Yes, indeed.

Here's the deets, from last year's reminder post.

We're stopping by the in-laws this weekend for a few hours, so I plan on raiding their Meyer lemon tree. That is, if the neighborhood kids haven't beat me to it. Pretty sure they're not making holiday hooch, so stand aside children. Your parents will thank me.

Oh, also. If you join me in the limoncello venture this year, let me update you: last year, we went with mostly Everclear in our batch, which is just so much better. It makes a final product with absolutely no risk of freezing (limoncello should be stored in the freezer--the first year we made it, we used only vodka and it went slushy.). EC stays icy cold and totally pourable.

Yes, I know Everclear has a very tacky reputation, but just remember: the recipe calls for a good quantity of simple syrup, which cuts the alcohol content to a non-lethal level. And, you'll give the employees at BevMo something to ponder. Dayyaaaamm, that Mom likes to party. ;)

2 comments:

  1. yummm-meeee!
    just a little sip sounds mighty fine right about now...

    oh, and i will refer back to this post anytime i need a good laugh. it's soooo good.

    dayyaaaaamm, that mom likes to party!! <-- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Everclear in a "Bull-sweat?" If so, no bueno! Just joking...love your concotion, my friend. I could use a shot or two next week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails