01 December 2011

december: what's in store


Hello December! Woah. How did we get here so fast? Seems like I just quit my job the other day, though that was back in March. I threw my hat into the Etsy ring in September, and now... it's (gulp) time for my first official craft fair: Renegade Holiday!

I've done trade shows before (actually, just the exhibit design part, no selling) so I kind of know what to expect, but this is SO different... it's personal. It's nerve-wracking. It's SUPER exciting!

It would make my year if anyone reading this who lives in the Bay Area (or will be in SF for fun!) comes to see me and my little Willow Ship booth. Toby's been sawing and nailing for weeks in the garage, helping me build my "environment"... and I've been keeping myself splattered with paint, doing my part.

So, whee! Come visit me! Renegade is so fun and wouldn't you love to give awesome handmade gifts this year? I'll be booth #230. How official.


And, finally, I want some input. Is it OK for me to talk about "work stuff" on this blog? I don't want my blog friends to ever get the icky impression that I'm selling at them, as I started this blog way before I ever considered selling anything. I've been considering starting a separate site to just talk shop, but keeping two blogs is, frankly, a little daunting. But I would do it if necessary.

How about a little quiz? My first! Totally anonymous, though feel free to leave a comment too. (And does anyone know how to insert quizzes that look a little... nicer?)

Thanks!


8 comments:

  1. That's so awesome. I hope you get a ton of people to come look and buy you out. Good job Toby and Blake. I love couples that work together.

    In my humble opinion... I love hearing updates here. Having another blog on my reader list would be daunting for me. So keep the news coming. I can't wait to see pictures of the Renegade Holiday environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you at Renegade this year! I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished in a few short months. Way to go, lady! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd be bummed sans-updates... i LOVE 'em and i love knowing what you're up to in all aspects of your life... so keep 'em, keep 'em!

    so wishing we'd be up there for the fair!! will tell my bf who lives in sf to go by if she can...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps: take TONS of pix at the fair... i want to seeeeeeeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine who wouldn't want to hear about your work! Isn't it just another extension of who you are? It might be different if you were going to discuss say 'auditing' or 'data entry' but since it is art... of course we want to know what you are up to! Good luck at the fair. Wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything you post on your blog, blake! Also, Tori and I may or may not be making a special visit to the Renegade fair. :) I love your work, and your recipes, and your smiles! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ak, you and Tori MUST come! It would seriously make my day, month, year! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: Robin's going to be my "booth babe" on Sunday :) Come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails