23 February 2010

love is a pillowy dumpling

ricotta_gnocchi

Check out my Valentine's Day do-over from this past weekend. Oh, did I make these? Nah. The Mister did. And they were soooo good: dreamy delicate but delightfully decadent.

Not only did Toby make these adorable Ricotta Gnocchi, but he served them bathed in a Sage Brown Butter sauce*. I'm pretty sure my version of heaven is anything drizzled with sage brown butter.

Why the smooch-day do-over? Well, my job requires me to be 3000 miles away pretty much every Valentine's Day. Apparently the toy industry hates love. Hrmph... Anyway, this was Toby's year to cook--we take turns--a romantic, candle-lit dinner for two. HA... well, the gnocchi were excellent :)

--

* Recipe: Ricotta Gnocchi with Brown Butter and Sage Sauce, from America's Test Kitchen Cooking for Two. Sorry the first link is to a restricted site--they don't let you access recipes online unless you're a subscriber--but it is possible to get a free trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails